Monday, March 31, 2008

the end.

At my appointment last week the surgeon said that I could go back to life the way it was pre-surgery. Other than wearing underwired bra for another week or so I could do anything! I can't believe how quickly I got here. Healed and back at life as though nothing has happened. It has been a really interesting time. Since I am all healed up there is no point in keeping this journal going. The only thing that will change over the next year is the shape and form of my breasts. so, i figure before I stop updating this I could just leave you with a few final thoughts.

- If you are thinking about a breast reduction surgery and you have stumbled on this page, I am glad that you are doing research and I would encourage you to keep doing this. Research is what helps the most in making a decision.

- I picked Dr. Sean Rice and would recommend him to anyone. Make sure you see more than just one surgeon so you can make a decision based on who you are most comfortable with.

- Have realistic expectations. Smaller breasts has not made me a different person, I don't even look THAT different - People (including myself) are already forgetting what I used to look like and know that the way I look now looks like the way I am supposed to look, I look proportional. If anything aim to look proportional. I would have loved to be a size B or a C but ultimately they would not have looked as natural and proportional as they do now (they're a DD / E depending on the bra).

- When you are having your surgery make sure that you have someone to take care of you the first three days at least. You will be at your weakest then; five days would be even better.

- I can now see the scars on my breasts. I am being honest when I say they are not bad at all. I can barely see the scars around my nipples just the ones going down in a vertical line from the nipples to the bottom of the breast. They are red right now and I am positive they will fade away but even if they don't it's not a big deal because they're quite subtle to begin with (more subtle than I thought they'd be).

- If you have any questions about my experience leave me a comment (I get email notifications) and I will reply back :).

It has been a great experience, one of the best decisions I have made so far. If you are even considering a breast reduction go talk to your general physician or doctor, they really help out quite a bit too.

That is it then! To my friends: ladies, thanks for the encouragement, thanks for visiting me and bringing me large stuffed breasts :), for watching movies with me, lending my magazines and giving me company. To my mom and my sister, I would not have been able to do it without you guys taking such amazing care of me. Love you!

Goodbye everyone.

No comments: