Saturday, March 8, 2008

hypersensitive

Ok, so you know how excited I was about getting the feeling back in my nipples again? I actually thing that they are HYPERSENSITIVE. Turns out that while some women experience numbness in their nipples after breast reduction surgery a much less common side-effect is hypersensitivity. This, like numbness, also wears out in 6-12 weeks so that's kind of reassuring. It's my right nipple that's mostly hypersensitive, my left one feels okay.

They are starting to look less "uglier". I'm glad I didn't have to deal with any bruising and stuff...yet. I don't think I'll have to at this point. I am looking forward to being able to resume normal activities like running, picking up heavier things (and being able to do groceries on my own, although it's nice to have a friend help out with that, I totally appreciate it).

Also, I don't remember if I mentioned this already. I don't think that I am a C cup - I'm pretty sure that I am a D cup - which I am learning to accept. They look fine and very proportional to my body which is what I wanted. I feel very comfortable in my own skin now, way more than I did before! So thank goodness for that.

I'm forgetting what it was like before. That feels good.

No comments: